Learn Server-side App Authorization
Join us for another live coding session hosted by the LiveChat Developer Program. This time, we'll teach you LiveChat authorization for server-side applications. It'll open you the door to building powerful integrations, for example, the ones that make use of webhooks.
3 x $50
to start in Developer Program
Solve a programming task and win a gift card
There are 3 prizes up for grabs: $50 added to your Developer Account in Developer Program. All you need to do is solve a coding task, which will also help you ground your knowledge.
- The session will be live streamed on YouTube.
- Participants can win gift cards with the value of $50 each. The funds will be transferred to the winners' accounts in Developer Console.
- To withdraw the funds, winners need to have published a paid app on the LiveChat Marketplace.
- How to win the prize?
- Create an account in Developer Console.
- Take part in the live coding session.
- Solve the task given during the session.
- Submit a pull request with the solution.
The first 3 people who submit the correct solution will win the prize. Developer Terms apply.
What you'll learn
- How to implement a slightly modified
Authorization code grant flow.
- Why Authorization code grant is the recommended flow for server-side applications.
- How to use Direct installation URL to ease the implementation of the authorization flow.
- How to use LiveChat webhooks and the Agent Chat API in your application.
As a result, you'll gain the confidence to successfully build backend integrations and sell them on the LiveChat Marketplace.
About the host
Jakub Sikora is a software engineer with over 11 years of experience in web development. He's the frontend lead in the LiveChat Developer Program team. He holds weekly programming workshops for his team members.
Who we are
Behind LiveChat, Inc. there is a team of passionate people building online customer service software with online chat, help desk software, chatbot, and web analytics capabilities.
LiveChat Platform is a range of products and services that can be used to build a variety of communication tools for businesses. Our Developer Program and Marketplace create an open ecosystem for developers, partners, and customers.
Before you go...
Part 1: Building apps 101
See part 1 if you're just starting out with LiveChat apps or need to dust off your knowledge.
Part 2: Authorizing web apps
Watch part 2 to get a good understanding of web app authorization in LiveChat.
Part 3: Authorizing server-side apps
Join us for part 3, and learn LiveChat authorization for server-side applications.
Got a question? Ask us on Discord!Join Discord
Live coding session by the LiveChat Platform
Our vision is to help innovators build the future of the communication. Sounds interesting? Join us!