Chat Actions are one of the easiest ways to extend the LiveChat Agent Application. Chat Actions are accessible from the contextual menu (represented by
- opening a link to an external CRM
- displaying a modal with a form that allows to create a new issue, task, or contact
- sending a webhook to notify an external service
- opening an app in the Chat Details section
Creating a chat action is a three-step process. Come up with a short name that describes the action and decide on the action type. There are four action types available:
1. Open a link provided as the Action target URL in a new tab. See what parameters we attach to the URL.
2. Open a modal with an iframe. The modal will display whatever you provide in the Action target URL.
3. Send a webhook to the Action target URL. See what info the webhook will contain.
4. Open a widget in the Chat Details section. To use this option, you need to create an Agent App Widget first. It's a quick way of opening an app without leaving the chat context.
We attach the following query string parameters to the Action target URL:
https://my-target-action-url.com/ ?licence_id=104130623 &email@example.com &time=1604416744108 &instance_id=0805e283233042b37f460ed8fbf22160 // app's Client Id &source=chats &chat_id=PJ0MRSHTDG &thread_id=K600PKZON8 &customer_id=b7eff798-f8df-4364-8059-649c35c9ed0c &customer_name=Thomas &firstname.lastname@example.org &customer_host=customer-isp.remotehost.com &customer_ip=192.168.1.77 &customer_latitude=21.0122 &customer_longitude=52.2297 &customer_country=Poland &customer_region=Mazowieckie &customer_city=Warsaw &customer_timezone=Europe/Warsaw